Lydia Lormand, DO
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Dr. Lormand grew up in Syracuse, N.Y., graduated from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, and completed her Residency at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts. She is a member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, as well as the American Osteopathic Association and is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine. Some of her clinical interests include minimally invasive surgery, contraceptive management, and sexual wellness.
Away from the office, Dr. Lormand enjoys reading, traveling, and relaxing with her family and rescue dog, Theo. She enjoys reading murder mysteries, and most recently has been reading Jo Nesbo, but other favorites include Pride and Prejudice and most anything by Barbara Kingsolver. Her favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. Ireland is her favorite place that she has traveled thus far, and something you may not know about her is that her hidden talent is scuba diving. You might find Dr. Lormand rooting for Syracuse University Basketball during March Madness.
Dr. Lormand comes to us from Massachusetts, where she has been practicing since completing her residency. Dr. Lormand is accepting new patients and will be offering complete gynecological and obstetrical care! She will be participating with all major insurance carriers, and looks forward to meeting all new and existing prenatal patients in the coming months. Please give Dr. Lormand a warm welcome, and call the OBYGN Group of Eastern Connecticut at 860-646-1157 to schedule an appointment with her starting in April!
- Obstetrics/Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Nexplanon Certified
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, New York
- Obstetrics/Gynecology: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- Baystate Medical Center Residency and Tufts Teaching Awards, Notable and Excellence Distinctions
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American Osteopathic Association